Top Car Hire Tips For Your Next Holiday
These days you will find several booths offering you several deals on car hire as soon as you arrive at your Holiday destination. How do you make sure the deal you are getting is the best?
Here are various useful tips that will help you decide on the best deal for your car hire before arriving at the airport.
Most time before going on an Holiday, individuals always make their car hire bookings on the internet as part of their preparation for their get away plans. If you plan to make your booking online, then the best way to go about this is to visit Car hire online comparison websites. With this, you will get various prices and you can choose based on your budget.
Many car rentals comparison websites gives you discounts for holiday car hire and these are usually fast and easy to use. You can often find all makes and models of vehicle ranging from budget cars to performance motors with a lots of options to choose from, for example, manual, automatic, air-con, free insurance, unlimited mileage, child seats and more options.
Here are a few useful tips worth considering when booking your holiday:
- To obtain the best possible prices book as far in advance as possible.
- It can be worthwhile taking out extra cover on your car insurance, such as “refundable excess”, which will cover all costs in the event of an accident.
- Check that your destination country includes insurance with the car hire.
- Don’t forget to print out your booking voucher to take with you together with your driver’s license (not a photocopy) and your credit card with the main driver’s name.
- When you collect your hire car, check to make sure that you have a full tank of petrol (if that is part of the agreement) and make a note of any damage or scratches to the vehicle and report it to the hire company before you leave.
- Check that the car hire company office is going to be open when you get there, especially if you are going to arrive at night.
- It is a good idea to fill the petrol tank before you return the car back, as some hire companies will charge more than the cost of you filling it up yourself.
- Consider any extras you may need, such as adding an additional driver or child seats, and book those when you hire the car. You may be charged additional fees for this if you add them when collecting the car, or the company may not have what you need.
- Be familiar with the traffic laws in the country you will be driving in, particularly the drink driving laws. You can research on the Internet about your destination to find the information you require.